Level up your Python skills with six new courses
Want to level up your Python skills, to solve more problems in less time, and with less code?
Want to take advantage of the latest techniques in the Python world?
Want to ensure that your code is as idiomatic as possible, so that whoever has to maintain it down the line (including you) will have an easier time working with it?
Well, good news: In September and October, I’ll be teaching six different live Python courses that will help you to achieve those goals:
- September 12th: Intro Python objects — a live version of one of my most popular recorded and corporate-training courses, introducing object-oriented programming in Python. We’ll talk about (among other things) classes, instances, attributes, and inheritance.
- September 19th: Advanced Python objects — again, a live version of a popular recorded class, showing how objects work behind the scenes and some advanced techniques for working with them, including such topics as magic methods, properties, and descriptors.
- September 26th: Functional programming in Python — Learn about various functional techniques in Python, including partial functions, dispatch tables, and such functions as map, filter, and reduce.
- October 3rd: Threading and multiprocessing — Want to know how to use threads and processes to add concurrency to your programs? We’ll discuss both of these techniques, including their pros and cons.
- October 10th: asyncio — The newest form of Python concurrency, ascynio, is different from threading and multiprocessing. Learn what it is, how to use it, and how to write clients and servers using asyncio.
- October 17th: Creating a Python project — Your goal in writing Python code isn’t just to write the code, but rather to create something that you can distribute to others, either as a library or application. In this class, we’ll discuss the structure of a project, and how to distribute it.
Want to buy access to all six courses? You can do this with this course bundle — which also gives you a 15% discount, or the ability to pay in installments: https://store.lerner.co.il/bundle-six-live-courses
Several additional points:
- This is the same sort of class that I’ve taught on-site for Fortune 500 companies for 20 years (and online to many of them since the pandemic started), full of examples, clear explanations, and bad jokes.
- You’ll have a chance to ask me questions while they’re running.
- I’m going to set up a forum for each class, so that if you have questions once the class is done, you’ll still be able to ask me, and/or be in touch with other participants.
- Every class will include numerous hands-on exercises.
- Each class will start at 6 p.m. in Israel, which is 11 a.m. Eastern, and will go for about 4 hours.
- Recordings will be available within about 24 hours of the class taking place. You’ll have access to that recording forever.
- You’ll also have access to any files, Jupyter notebooks, and programs I produce while teaching the class.
- As always, I offer discounts to students, seniors/pensioners, people permanently living outside of the world’s 30 richest countries, and also anyone who has been affected by the covid/coronavirus pandemic. Just reply to this message, and I’ll give you details.
To learn more about each class, and to sign up, check out the “live classes” section of my online store: https://store.lerner.co.il/live-classes.
I look forward to seeing you in one or more of these classes!