Practice Your Python!
No matter where you are in your Python journey, it can always help to practice and refine your skills. This page lists the best resources I’ve found for practicing Python — through exercises and challenges.
If you have found a good resource that helps people to practice and improve their Python skills, send me e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll add it to this list.
- Python Workout — 50 exercises to improve your Python skills, published by Manning.
- Practice Makes Regexp — 50 exercises to improve your skills with regular expressions, including solutions in Python
- Learn Python the Hard Way — Zed Shaw’s ebook that teaches you Python via exercises
- Python Challenge — play a game, and learn Python along the way!
- Python programming challenges — a list of Python programming challenges
- Python challenges — a categorized list, from easy to hard, of Python programming challenges
- Python challenges — a list of 100 problems to solve in Python
- Python challenges — another list of Python problems
- Project Euler — programming challenges not specifically for Python
- Practice Python — beginner exercises in Python
- Python exercises — in a variety of categories, at a variety of levels
- Code Wars — fix the code that doesn’t work
- Weekly Python Exercise — a family of 15-week courses, with new cohorts (at beginning and advanced levels) starting every 1-2 months. WPE combines weekly challenges, a private forum, and live office hours for lots of Python practice.
- Python Morsels — weekly challenges on a variety of Python topics.
- PyBytes — weekly challenges, often using Django or Flask to create Web applications.
- Codecademy — learn Python (and many other languages), with the initial classes being free